Alexandra Palace was opened in 1873 as north London’s counterpart to the Crystal Palace in south London.
The palace was originally built by John Johnson and Alfred Meeson and opened in 1873. Following a fire in 185, the palace was rebuilt solely by Johnson. It was built as a ‘People’s Palace’, originally de-signed to serve as a public centre of recreation, education and entertainment
DBR London carried out extensive work to the south and east facades including: designed access scaffolding, stucco and brick repair, roof repairs, and structural strengthening including reforming concrete floors to tie the arcade facades. The works comprised bath stone and brickwork cleaning, repair and re-pointing including the protection of existing windows, doors and other external features. Demolition and construction of concrete slabs and lintels and the insertion of cintec anchors. There were roof repairs and drainage work including the renewal of roof lights. DBR London also, completed the erection of design scaffolding.
Take a look at this project on Instagram.
DBR London recently received the Royal Warrant in recognition for quality and excellent service, which can be understood in detail here.