St Peter’s Church in Brighton

DBR Southern

St Peter’s Church in Brighton is a Grade II* listed building designed by Sir Charles Barry in the Perpendicular Gothic Style.

The church was constructed between 1824 and 1828 using Portland stone facings, and the later chancel was constructed in 1898 using a contrasting Sussex sandstone.

~~~~~~

DBR Southern has been carrying out masonry conservation and re-roofing work at the church since 2010 to repair extensive damage caused by corroding embedded iron cramps and defective roof coverings. The works have included strengthening of the nave roof construction, replacement of the aisle roof coverings with zinc, dismantling and reconstruction of the tower parapet, and masonry repair to the clerestory walls.

Internally DBR has carried out plaster conservation in the nave, aisle walls and ceilings.

For more information, click here.

Back to PROJECTS View Gallery