University College School, Hampstead

DBR London

University College School was built at the beginning of the 1900s by the Dove Brothers in what is called an Edwardian Baroque style.

It incorporated Ham Hill stone dressings, rusticated red brick pilasters and gauged brick spandrels and piers. The building was opened on July 27 1907 by King Edward VII and the Archbishop of Canterbury.

~~~~~~

For over ten years, DBR London has been carrying out masonry and conservation works at the school. This includes replacing window heads, jambs, segmental arches and carved cartouches and figurines. DBR has also carried out masonry cleaning, consolidation and mortar repairs, and the reconstruction of parapets, gauged brickwork spandrels and piers.

DBR Leadwork contributed to the project with the incorporation of rainwater goods and leadwork coverings to the stone dressings.

Back to PROJECTS View Gallery