St. Peter’s Church, Upper Beeding

DBR Southern

St Peter’s Church in Upper Beeding is also known as the “Sele Priory Church”, and was for many centuries a Benedictine Priory.

It was almost completely demolished and rebuilt in 1307-1308. The church was an early part of Tractarianism, and under the influence of the Oxford Movement it has long stood in the “country Catholic” tradition.

~~~~~~

DBR Southern carried out extensive masonry work to the tower including reconstruction of the masonry parapets, repointing the facades in lime mortar. DBR Leadwork participated in the project with roof repairs in lead and Horsham stone. To read more click here.

Back to PROJECTS View Gallery