Russian Orthodox Church

DBR Leadwork

The Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Mother of God and All Saints is a Grade II* listed cathedral located in Ennismore Gardens, London.

It houses the administrative apparatus of the Diocese of Sourozh, which is the Moscow Patriarchate’s diocese for the islands of Great Britain and Ireland. The cathedral was originally built in 1849 as the Anglican Church of All Saints, by Lewis Vulliamy.

~~~~~~

DBR Leadwork was responsible for the entire replacement of the milled lead sheeting to the cathedral’s gutters, its tower belfry, the parapet capping and flashings. The team also replaced slate to the nave, aisles, apses and stairwell roofs with new best Penhryn slate.

DBR Leadwork also introduced a new Nicholson Airtrak ventilation system at the abutments, and replaced all cast iron gutters and down pipes with a new bespoke system from J & JW Longbottoms.

Back to PROJECTS View Gallery